Post Graduate Marine Engineering
One Year Master’s Programme in Marine Engineering
The programme would include courses in engineering, management and project work.
Successful completion of the 16 weeks programme at TMI would enable the students to seek direct admission to the second semester of the M. Sc. Marine Engineering at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow (UK).
The duration of study at Strathclyde is 8 months, starting in January.
- 4 years of BTech in Marine Engineering or BTech in Nautical Technology with a minimum of 60% average, or
- BTech/BE in Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering with a minimum of 60% average, or
- BTech/BE in Naval Architecture with a minimum of 60% average, or
- 3 years of diploma/college degree as Deck or Engine Room Officer or BSc in Nautical Science with a minimum of 60% average plus Class I Certificate of Competency as Master or Chief Engineer
- English language requirement is IELTs 6.5 (no element below 5.5) or equivalent
Fees at TMI
Rs. 3 lakhs inclusive of tuition fees and on campus single accommodation charges. Food charges extra on actual.
Fees at Strathclyde
£13,830 (as on date) as tuition and academic fees. Boarding and lodging extra, as applicable.
Next course commences 8 August 2022.
Last date for application: 16 July 2022
The opportunities after completion of M. Sc. will be in the area of classification societies, shipping and ship management companies and other shipping related fields. Subject to fulfilling criteria enforce, Scotland may allow a two year stay in a job after completion of the Scottish qualification.
Note: This course is not like Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) offered to B. Tech. Mechanical Engg. candidates. Main job opportunities after completion of this course are in the Offshore Marine related industries in India or abroad, not on Merchant Navy ships.
Enquiry / More Information
For more information please contact:
Mr. Harish K. Deshpande
Tolani Maritime Institute
Talegaon - Chakan Road
Pune - 410 507
Tel: + 91 (2114) 669661, 9823848727 (Course Coordinator) / 669600, 9604010894 (Administrative Office)