Mission and Objectives
To create and disseminate maritime knowledge by research, teaching and training by consulting maritime researchers, universities, and businesses leading to the development of the maritime and industrial sectors and also contributing to the socio-economic development.
- To enhance national and international recognition of TMI in the maritime and industrial sectors by deepening its presence, impact and contribution to the social, cultural and economic vitality.
- To provide consultancy, but not limited to governmental organization, non-governmental organizations and the private sector.
- To develop and support a culture of service through national and international long-term productive partnerships and collaborations that support the maritime community inter alia.
- To promote upgradation of skills and qualification along with participation of the faculty and staff in the workshops, conferences and symposia.
- To organize workshops, conferences and symposia related to the maritime sector inter alia.
- To conduct multidisciplinary research with focus on marine engineering, nautical science and related activities.
- To cultivate broad inquiry and dynamic learning environment that foster creativity among students, faculty, staff and external community.
- To enhance research environment and consultancy governance.
- To setup a Research Incubator for the professional development of faculty, staff and students.