TMI has purchased the following software tools to execute the consultancy and sponsored projects. Faculty members of TMI have gained expertise in using these different software tools.
- Star CCM+, Ansys-Fluent and Open Foam: In the recent past, TMI has developed capabilities to model and analyze a range of engineering problems involving multi-phase fluid flow, heat transfer, stress, particulate flow, electromagnetics, and related phenomena in the CFD-based STAR-CCM+ software. Recently TMI also acquired additional modules like
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE),
- Battery Simulation Module,
- Battery Design System (BDS),
- Inventor, etc.
- 3D Geometry: TMI has acquired and gained experience in the 3D geometric tools such as PRO-E, AutoCAD and Rhino.
- Concept Design of Ship using Maxsurf: TMI has acquired proficiency in the Maxsurf software. It is an initial ship design software used to design, visualize, analyze, and optimize all types of marine vessels with the complete set of naval architectural tools like
- Hull Design,
- Powering, and
- Sea keeping Calculations.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC): TMI has acquired proficiency to understand the generic architecture and constituent components of a Programmable Logic Controller, to develop a software program using modern engineering tools and technique for PLC, SCADA, and HMI. It has also developed capabilities to apply knowledge gained about PLC, SCADA, and HMI systems to real-life industrial applications.
- Use of MATLAB Python: TMI also has developed capabilities to develop codes in MATLAB, SIMULINK and Python to solve industry related problems.