Technical Ship Management
One Year Master’s Programme in Technical Ship Management
This course is designed to give graduate engineers and well-qualified sea-going personnel an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills required for technical ship management.
Successful completion of the 16 weeks programme at TMI would enable the students to seek direct admission to the second semester of the M. Sc. Technnical Ship Management at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow (UK).
The duration of study at Strathclyde is 8 months, starting in January.
- 4 years of BTech in Marine Engineering or BTech in Nautical Technology with a minimum of 60% average, or
- BTech/BE in Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering with a minimum of 60% average, or
- BTech/BE in Naval Architecture with a minimum of 60% average, or
- 3 years of diploma/college degree as Deck or Engine Room Officer or BSc in Nautical Science with a minimum of 60% average plus Class I Certificate of Competency as Master or Chief Engineer
- English language requirement is IELTs 6.5 (no element below 5.5) or equivalent
Fees at TMI
Rs. 3 lakhs inclusive of tuition fees and on campus single accommodation charges. Food charges extra on actual.
Fees at Glasgow
£13,830 (as on date) as tuition and academic fees. Boarding and lodging extra, as applicable.
Next course commences 8 August 2022.
Last date for receiving application forms at TMI: 16 July 2022
This course allows you to develop multidisciplinary interests and skills by working with other areas of naval architecture, ocean and marine engineering.
As a graduate you could expect to work in the industry as a technical ship superintendent or manager.
Enquiry / More Information
For more information please contact:
Mr. Harish K. Deshpande
Tolani Maritime Institute
Talegaon – Chakan Road
Pune – 410 507
Tel: + 91 (2114) 669661, 9823848727 (Course Coordinator) / 669600, 9604010894 (Administrative Office)